Effect of intestinal conditioner pronutrients on expression of genes related to intestinal mucosa status was evaluated on an in vitro culture of enterocytes.
Procedure for obtaining specific tissue-proteins that have increased expression thanks to the use of intestinal conditioner pronutrients is based on the following stages:
1) Development of two cellular cultures of porcine enterocytes: one culture is a control (without treatment) and another culture is treated with an intestinal conditioner.
2) Isolation of total RNA from treated and untreated enterocytes.
3) Construction of a complete transcriptomic library and RNA sequencing.
4) Bioinformatic analysis: analysis of the differential expression between treated and untreated cultures, showed as volcano plot and heat map (Pictures 1 and 2).
5) Data review: search in databases about the biological function of differentially expressed genes, to determine molecular basis of the beneficial effect of an intestinal conditioner on enterocytes.
Volcano plot is a scatter diagram of -log10 (p) (on the vertical axis) as a function of M (on the horizontal axis). Genes that are expressed differently (statistically significant difference) and, therefore, with “fold change”, will tend to be found at the upper right and left sides of the chart.
In the case of the heat map, samples are grouped into control samples (right) and treated samples (left), and difference in expression is shown through a color code.
Intestinal conditioner pronutrients improve intestinal physiology, as it has been observed by the study of gene expression in an enterocytes culture:
All these facts are shown as greater use of nutrients of the diet and a decrease in appearance of diarrhoea, which means an improvement in general condition of the animal and productive parameters.
This intestinal conditioner has been developed by Biovet S.A. and it is marketed under the name Alquernat Nebsui.Tags: Alquernat Nebsui